Bayou Chicken Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup each chopped green and yellow pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion, celery and pepper in oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add chicken and garlic powder; cook for 4-5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Stir in salsa.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add the parsley, salt and hot pepper sauce. Serve with pasta.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 292 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 910mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 24g protein.
May 4, 2016
My family did not care for this recipe
Apr 19, 2014
Very good tasting but it seemed sort of on the line of a spaghetti sauce. Will make it again though.
Feb 24, 2014
In search of low carb recipes for my diabetic husband, I found this to try. He likes Cajun, so this went over well. I also liked it.
Sep 14, 2013
Easy dinner to toss together. I added 1/2 tsp each of thyme and basil and it was pretty good.
Jan 10, 2012
This was great!! Just enough kick to make it tasteful. My family raved about it.
Aug 1, 2011
I made this exactly as the recipe says and it turned out great! It's a little spicy but not too much or too little, it's just right. I served it with a salad and cheese biscuits. Excellent meal.
Nov 18, 2009
This dish was very easy to make. I feed a family of five and everyone got seconds and thirds on this one.