- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup each chopped green and yellow pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion, celery and pepper in oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add chicken and garlic powder; cook for 4-5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Stir in salsa.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add the parsley, salt and hot pepper sauce. Serve with pasta.
1 each: 292 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 910mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 24g protein.