Bayou Burgers with Spicy Remoulade for Two
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Andouille Sausage Rope, casing removed, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 pound Italian turkey sausage link, casing removed
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon capers, drained
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add andouille sausage; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the Creole seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey and turkey sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook burgers for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Top with cheese; cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- For remoulade, in a small bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, lemon juice, pepper sauce, relish and capers. Spread rolls with butter and sprinkle with remaining garlic powder. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve burgers on rolls with remoulade.
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 976 calories, 69g fat (24g saturated fat), 247mg cholesterol, 2131mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 51g protein.
May 28, 2010
I am normally NOT a burger eater but these burgers are worth every calorie. Sometimes taste outweighs concerns over content. These are AMAZING!!!
Feb 14, 2010
This is sooo good! It's one of those things you allow yourself once in a while, even if it does mean an extra 30 minutes at the Gym tomorrow. The only change I made is to use ground beef (93 %) and Hot Italian Sausage. A bit of spice and a LOT of flavor.
Jan 15, 2010
NOT FOR ME 976 CALORIES 69 G.FAT ARE YOU KIDDING
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.