- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 pound fully cooked andouille sausage link, casing removed, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 pound Italian turkey sausage link, casing removed
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add andouille sausage; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the Creole seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey and turkey sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook burgers for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Top with cheese; cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- For remoulade, in a small bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, lemon juice, pepper sauce, relish and capers. Spread rolls with butter and sprinkle with remaining garlic powder. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve burgers on rolls with remoulade. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBayou Burgers with Spicy Remoulade
"This is a great juicy burger with a ton of flavor. These burgers aren't for people who don't like heat."
"This was a very moist, spicy burger! The adults in our family loved it, but the kids found it too spicy. We used ground pork instead of turkey, and they were delicious. I shared this recipe with my cooking co-op and we made huge batches to freeze. They froze well and were easy to finish up (just don't freeze the sauce). We made 8 smaller burgers out of one recipe and served them on whole wheat hamburger buns to cut back on calories. Delicious!"
"Although I am not a fan of the plain turkey burger, this recipe was delicious and will be made again. To save on the calories, I skipped the buttered kaiser rolls and opted for toasted whitewheat hamburg buns. This recipe does make 8 smaller size burgers to fit the buns."