- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise*
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 4 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a bowl, combine the soup and mayonnaise; mix well. In another bowl, combine sauerkraut, hot dogs, caraway seeds and half of the soup mixture. Spread into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish.
- Combine potatoes and remaining soup mixture; mix well. Spoon over sauerkraut mixture. Combine the bread crumbs, butter and paprika; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBavarian Wiener Supper
"I love this dish. The mushroom soup and mayo and caraway make such a authentic flavor. It is so good. The hotdogs were perfect in it. Would make this again and again."
"This recipe is nice and hearty. We used sausage instead of the hotdogs. I love caraway seeds, but left them out to please everyone. Even the picky eater in the family loved it."