- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 3/4 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) quick-cooking noodles and sour cream and chive sauce mix
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds, optional
- In a large skillet, saute coleslaw mix and carrots in butter until crisp-tender. Add water; bring to a boil. Stir in remaining ingredients. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook, for 8 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forBavarian Sausage Supper
"I used a pkg of noodles with butter sauce, sifted out the powdered sauce and substituted the following:1 tbsp freeze dried chives4 tsp dry buttermilk powder2 tsp onion powder1 3/4 tap kosher salt1 tsp garlic powder1 tsp sugarI used a coffee grinder to grind it up fine, then followed the recipe. I used 1 ounce of the powder but next time I will use more. Very close to original, I think."
"Can't get much easier! My family loves sausage and this dish is easy and fast and always a winner. Can't go wrong serving this one up often!"
"This has become a great go to recipe for me as well. I couldn't find the sour cream noodles so I use the herb and butter as suggested, but then added a tablespoon of sour cream just before serving and adding a bit more caraway and pepper gave more flavor. I have also used herb and butter rice as a substitute in a pinch. Great recipe!"