Bavarian Pork Loin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 6 hours + standing
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 can (14 ounces) Bavarian sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1-3/4 cups chopped carrots
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3 large tart apples, peeled and quartered
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the sauerkraut, carrots, onion, apple juice and parsley; spoon over roast. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Add apples to slow cooker. Cover and cook 2-3 hours longer or until meat is tender. Remove roast; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with sauerkraut mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 235 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Nov 5, 2013
The jar of pork gravy was a great addition from K Moran. Take care not to over cook. Pork loin can dry out quick. I take mine out at 165 degrees, place in a pan and put in a ice chest covered by bath towels for an hour. It still stays nice and hot.
Oct 6, 2012
This is one of the best recipes I've tried in a long time! My husband loved it! I've shared it with friends and they loved it too. I didn't stir together the sauerkraut, carrots and onions. I just put them on top of the meat with the diced apples at the same time. Just before serving I added a jar of pork gravy. Wow it was fantastic! You must serve it with mashed potatoes! Yummy.
Feb 10, 2012
This was so tender and flavorful. I doubled the carrots, sauerkraut and apple juice. Turned out delicious
Nov 9, 2011
Tasty and easy!
Oct 20, 2009
Husband really enjoyed this pork loin. Must really like sauerkraut to enjoy this properly.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.