Bavarian Chocolate-Hazelnut Braid
Mmm! This delectable loaf gives you a little taste of Bavaria, thanks to the chocolaty, creamy filling and flaky crust.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, coconut, egg yolk and extract.
- Unroll crescent dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Roll out into a 14x9-in. rectangle.
- Spread Nutella in a 3-in.-wide strip down center of rectangle. Top with yogurt mixture. On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips to within 1/2 in. of filling. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling.
- Whisk egg white; brush over top and sides of dough. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting into slices.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 160 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as BAVARIAN CHOCOLATE COCONUT CRÈME CRESCENT BRAID in Country Woman Christmas 2012