VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, coconut, egg yolk and extract.
- Unroll crescent dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Roll out into a 14-in. x 9-in. rectangle.
- Spread Nutella in a 3-in.-wide strip down center of rectangle. Top with yogurt mixture. On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips to within 1/2 in. of filling. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling.
- Whisk egg white; brush over top and sides of dough. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting into slices. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Bavarian Chocolate-Hazelnut Braid in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p36