Total TimePrep: 45 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Blue paste food coloring
- Cupcakes of your choice
- Gum balls
- Sticks Winterfresh gum
- Fudge-striped cookies
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- Pastry tipround tip # 3
- Candy corn
- Tint vanilla frosting bright blue; frost cupcakes.
- Add gum ball eyes. Using a clean scissors or small sharp knife, cut sticks of gum into eyebrow shapes. Pinch tops to curve if desired; insert above eyes.
- For bat wings, with a small serrated knife, cut cookies in half. Add scalloped edges if desired. Insert two cookie halves into each cupcake.
- Using chocolate frosting and #3 tip, pipe pupils on eyes. For fangs, cut the white part from the candy corn. (Save removed orange sections for another use.) Add two white fangs under each mouth; press down gently.
Nov 7, 2012
Also had a problem with the cookies breaking very easily...
Oct 31, 2012
These turned out SO CUTE. I had to go buy another package of cookies, they kept breaking and were very difficult to deal with. I tinted some of my frosting brownfor the eyes and mouth. I used a white cake mix and tinted it red, so it would be like blood.
Oct 3, 2011
it was sooo tasty! my whole family loved it! And my friends had seconds! haha. I would definately make this recipe again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.