Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, chopped
- In a microwave, melt milk chocolate and semisweet chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in the cereal, sunflower kernels and cherries. On a waxed paper-lined baking sheet, spread chocolate mixture into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Refrigerate until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Cut with a 3-1/2-in. bat-shaped cookie cutter. Remelt scraps and cut if desired.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 12, 2011
These are delicious, I made mine with dried cranberries and loved them but it is true, cutting these out was extremely painful for me. I only ended up making a few and just ate the rest of it in chunks. Great and simple idea, just really physically difficult.
Jan 13, 2011
This recipe is wonderful, but there must be an easier way to do it than spreading it out and cutting it with bat -shaped cookie cutters. I am just going to drop spoon size cookies on a sheet of wax paper. I haven't thought of a way to get a bat shape out of it.