Basmati Rice Confetti Salad
My step-mom passed this recipe to me, and it's so simple to put together. We like this salad served cold, so I let it sit in the fridge for about a half hour, but it's also great served warm.
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked basmati rice
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine vegetables, almonds, raisins, cranberries and parsley; stir in rice. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended. Pour dressing over rice mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving to allow flavors to blend.
Originally published as Basmati Rice Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.