Basil White Bean Dip
We're big fans of hummus, but my son is allergic. I came up with this bean dip, and it’s turned out to be a great alternative. —Erin Bosco, Carlton, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2/3 cup loosely packed basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- Baked pita chips
- Place the first five ingredients in a food processor; pulse until beans are coarsely chopped. Add oil; process until blended. Add tomato and basil; pulse to combine. Serve with pita chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without pita chips): 139 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Mama B's Basil and White bean Dip in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.