Basil Walnut Fish Fillets
Spreading fish fillets with a seasoned mayonnaise and sour cream mixture keeps the fish moist while baking. For the most flavor, use fresh basil, which is abundant in gardens and grocery stores in summer.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds cod or haddock, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Place fish in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, Parmesan cheese and basil; spoon over fish. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 272 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Basil Walnut Fish Fillets in 2002 Taste of Home Calendar
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.