Basil Walnut Fettuccine
A warm, buttery side dish from our Test Kitchen, Basil Walnut Fettucine is studded with toasted nuts and lightly flavored with garlic and fresh basil. It goes well with a variety of entrees. (You could use any other nutritious, colored fettucine or pasta blend you have on hand.)
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute garlic in 1 tablespoon butter for 1 minute or until crisp-tender. Add the walnuts, basil, salt, pepper and remaining butter; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Drain fettuccine; add to skillet and toss to coat.