Basil Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil, divided
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces lean ground turkey
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon basil. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. In a bowl, combine the milk, onion, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and remaining basil. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until met is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 165°. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and basil mayonnaise. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 305 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 567mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Reviews for Basil Turkey Burgers
"As with the reviewer below, I used dark meat turkey which was moist enough that I didn't need to add the milk. To compensate I added additional bread crumbs. These were delicious. I did not make the basil mayo, not enough basil, and definately recommend finely chopping the onions, so you don't end up with big bites of onion. I grilled these on the panini press rather than broiling (less mess), took 6 minutes."