Basil Turkey Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil, divided
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon basil. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a bowl, combine the milk, onion, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and remaining basil. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- On a lightly oiled grill rack, grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and basil mayonnaise.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 305 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 567mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 16, 2014
As with the reviewer below, I used dark meat turkey which was moist enough that I didn't need to add the milk. To compensate I added additional bread crumbs. These were delicious. I did not make the basil mayo, not enough basil, and definately recommend finely chopping the onions, so you don't end up with big bites of onion. I grilled these on the panini press rather than broiling (less mess), took 6 minutes.
Jul 12, 2011
I used ground chicken instead of turkey. The ground chicken was moist enough that I would not add the milk next time.