- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 4 tuna or salmon steaks (1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the tuna steaks; cook for 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Transfer to a broiler pan. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Cover with basil leaves. Top with tomato and cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBasil-Tomato Tuna Steaks
"This was very good and since I have a lot of tomatoes and basil on hand this time of year it was the perfect recipe."