Basil Tomato Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, basil, salt and pepper. Add rice, tomatoes, cucumber and onion; toss. Serve chilled.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 166 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Feb 1, 2013
So great!!! I did make a couple changes though by using chives instead of onion since its what I had on hand. I also added three small very fine,y chopped cloves of garlic and a large handful of chopped arugula I wanted to use up. Because of the extra volume the arugula added I upped the dressing to 3 tbs oil and vinegar each. Oh and I used red wine vinegar and dried basil.It. Was. Amazing. I will make this again and again. It was easy and uses many of my farmers market stapled!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.