Basil Tomato Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, basil, salt and pepper. Add rice, tomatoes, cucumber and onion; toss. Serve chilled.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 166 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Feb 1, 2013
So great!!! I did make a couple changes though by using chives instead of onion since its what I had on hand. I also added three small very fine,y chopped cloves of garlic and a large handful of chopped arugula I wanted to use up. Because of the extra volume the arugula added I upped the dressing to 3 tbs oil and vinegar each. Oh and I used red wine vinegar and dried basil.It. Was. Amazing. I will make this again and again. It was easy and uses many of my farmers market stapled!!