Basil Shrimp Fettuccine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup each chopped sweet yellow and red pepper
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, saute the onion, peppers and garlic in oil until tender. In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth. Add to vegetable mixture. Stir in the seasonings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add shrimp and basil. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add shrimp mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 306 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 465mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Jul 15, 2013
Made this over the weekend and it was a easy recipe to make. We enjoyed it but I did add lemon pepper to give it a more distinct flavor.
May 18, 2012
everytime i make this dish i hide it from my family. this is toooo good to share
May 11, 2012
The overall taste was great. Next time, instead of adding the shrimp to the liquid, I will quick saute them in a separate pan so I can more easily tell when they're done.
Apr 8, 2010
I tend to leave out the cayenne pepper as I think it creates too much spice for the dish. Other than that, this is great recipe!!
Feb 11, 2010
My family loves this recipe! I usually leave out the cayenne pepper and add more garlic.
Jan 17, 2010
Absolutely love this recipe. It rocks!
Oct 29, 2009
One of our favorite meals, once I toned down the cayenne pepper to a smidgon.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.