Basil-Sesame Green Beans
"There aren't many leftovers when I serve this to company," relates Denise Elder. In her Hanover, Ontario kitchen she combines fresh green beans with lots of basil, chopped onion and toasted sesame seeds.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4-1/2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1-1/4 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Place the beans in a saucepan and cover with water; add the salt. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 7-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and place in a serving bowl. Add the onion, oil, basil and sesame seeds; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 97 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 409mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Basil-Sesame Green Beans in Quick Cooking September/October 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.