Basil Sauce for Tenderloin
This sauce packs a punch! Garlic, basil and pepper make it terrific for perking up pork and other meats. June Rischitelli of McKeesport, Pennsylvania submitted the recipe. You can also use this flavorful sauce to perk up poultry.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- Grilled pork tenderloin
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes and water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain. Transfer to a small food processor. Add the mayonnaise, basil, oil, red pepper, lemon juice, garlic powder and pepper; cover and process until blended. Serve with pork tenderloin.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 26 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Tenderloin Sauce in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007