- 1-1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 4 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- For pesto, combine the basil, oil, garlic, pepper, lemon juice, salt and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped.
- Place the salmon in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread 2 tablespoons pesto over fillets. (Cover and refrigerate remaining pesto for another use.)
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBasil Salmon
"This is one of our favorite ways to prepare salmon. When basil isn't in season, we'll cheat and use prepared pesto. It's delicious!"