Tender red potatoes get a light coating of butter, wine and basil for a side that's just right with almost any main dish. Bernadette Bennett - Waco, TX
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 pound red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dry red wine or beef broth
- 2-1/4 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash garlic salt
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, potatoes and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 7-10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Basil Red Potatoes for 2 in Simple & Delicious
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Basil Red Potatoes for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review