Basil Red Potatoes for 2
Tender red potatoes get a light coating of butter, wine and basil for a side that's just right with almost any main dish. Bernadette Bennett - Waco, TX
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 pound red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dry red wine or beef broth
- 2-1/4 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash garlic salt
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, potatoes and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 7-10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 210 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 442mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Red Wine Potatoes in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009