Basil Pasta Shells Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 pound Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, bacon, basil and pepper; cook and stir until tomatoes are softened. Rinse and drain pasta; stir into tomato mixture. Add half of the cheese.
- 2. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 360 calories, 9g fat (0 saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 523mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 meat.
Reviews for Basil Pasta Shells
"My family loves the combination of canadian bacon and tomatoes. Sometimes I substitute a can of diced roasted tomatoes or even salsa to mix it up a bit."