Basil Pasta Shells
Basil and cherry tomatoes add pizzazz to this cheesy dish suggested by Canton, New York field editor Marcia Hostetter. "It's a light casserole that's nice enough to serve to company," she says.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 pound Canadian bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, bacon, basil and pepper; cook and stir until tomatoes are softened. Rinse and drain pasta; stir into tomato mixture. Add half of the cheese.
- Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.