Basil Pasta and Ham Salad Recipe
With fresh basil and tomatoes in the dressing, this refreshing salad delightfully captures the flavor of summer.
- TOMATO BASIL DRESSING:
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1. Combine tomatoes, basil, onions, oil, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper if desired. Chill for at least 15 minutes. Cook pasta according to package directions until firm to the bite; drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a salad bowl. Add ham, olives and basil; toss. Add dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 186 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Basil Pasta and Ham Salad
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC