- 1 cup tightly packed fresh basil or cilantro leaves
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor; cover and puree until smooth. Toss with hot cooked pasta or vegetables, spread on French bread or use in any recipe calling for pesto. Can be refrigerated for several weeks or frozen in a tightly covered container. Yield: 3/4 cup.
- 6 servings, 2 tablespoons per serving. Yield: 3/4 cup
Reviews forBasil Parsley Pesto
"Mixed this in with some cheese tortellini and diced tomato. Sooo delicious!"
"My family loves this. I've omitted the salt -- the parm cheese has enough. In addition to the above suggestions, it is a wonderful base for pizza instead of pizza sauce."