Basil Orange Chops
This is a delicious main course that comes together easily when time is short. It's special enough for company!—Lori Blevins, Douglasville, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops and onion over medium heat in oil until no longer pink. Stir in the orange juice, zest and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook until meat juices run clear. Remove chops and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the chops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 105 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Basil Orange Chops in Quick Cooking November/December 2001