- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops and onion over medium heat in oil until no longer pink. Stir in the orange juice, peel and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook until meat juices run clear. Remove chops and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBasil Orange Chops
"I thought it was ok, it was missing something. I added some soy sauce to it. We ate it with rice and a side veggies."