Basil-Mint Chicken Thighs Recipe
You’re going to love plunging fork first into this juicy grilled chicken bursting with the flavors of cilantro, basil, mint and chili pepper. Toss the extras in tacos or salads for quick meals. —Karen Naihe, Ewa Beach, Hawaii
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (4 ounces each)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. Place chicken thighs in large resealable plastic bag. In a blender, combine the remaining ingredients. Cover and process until pureed. Add to bag. Seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 inches from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 chicken thigh: 202 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Basil-Mint Chicken Thighs
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC