This decadent torte has a creamy texture and is perfect to take along to your next potluck or holiday meal.—Lisa Renshaw, Kansas City, Missouri
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- Place bread crumbs and pine nuts in a food processor; cover and process until nuts are finely chopped. Add butter; cover and process until blended. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cheeses, milk, salt and nutmeg until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in basil. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan before slicing. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Basil Mascarpone Torte in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p7