Basil Mascarpone Torte
This decadent torte has a creamy texture and is perfect to take along to your next potluck or holiday meal.—Lisa Renshaw, Kansas City, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- Place bread crumbs and pine nuts in a food processor; cover and process until nuts are finely chopped. Add butter; cover and process until blended. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cheeses, milk, salt and nutmeg until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in basil. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 359 calories, 33g fat (16g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 271mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Basil Marcarpone Torte in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.