Basil Marmalade Scones
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in basil. Whisk eggs and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5 times.
- Divide dough in half. Transfer one portion to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Pat into a 7-in. circle. Spread marmalade to within 1/2 in. of edge. Pat remaining dough into a 7-in. circle. Place over marmalade; seal edges. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 224 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 1, 2011
I made these for a brunch and everyone loved them. It's a delicious and unique flavor combination that's worth trying! I will definitely make again. (Oh, I used fresh basil and the aroma was heavenly.)
Jun 16, 2010
This recipe was a hit with the kids as well as myself :) It has a fresh taste and the marmalade provides sweetness. I did serve with a small piece of butter on top, but it does not really need it.Delicious :)