Basil Garlic Crescents
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a food processor, combine cottage cheese, butter and cream cheese; cover and process until smooth. Add flour; cover and process until mixture forms a ball.
- Divide dough into two portions. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 10-in. circle. Brush with oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, basil and garlic powder. Cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- Roll up wedges from the wide end and place pointed side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends of each to form a crescent shape. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks; serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 105 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Feb 15, 2012
With all the delicious ingredients, I expected these to be better. My husband said they were "ok" and my bread fiend children took one bite and turned them down! However, the next day I warmed one of the leftovers up and it was much improved. Also, I would say that they do not need as much filling (parm cheese, etc) that is called for.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.