Basil-Garlic Cheese Bread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread, halved lengthwise
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; spread over cut sides of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into 2-in. slices.
Nutrition Facts2 slices: 241 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 21, 2018
Very good on Italian bread. Would like to try on the French bread.
Jun 23, 2012
We loved this! We had enough spread for two meals. We served it the first time with the Hawaiian Chicken recipe found here from Taste of Home (TOH) and then with the Chicken Florentine Meatball recipe also from TOH. Wonderful addition for two meals for us.
Sep 7, 2010
Very good, my grand kids love it.
Feb 4, 2009
very good! thought it was weird to add lemon juice but did and it was great! keeper! my brother said best garlic bread ever