Basil Dinner Rolls
People's taste buds are thrilled with the "surprise" inside each of these rolls—basil, Parmesan cheese and walnuts.—Mary Kay Dixson, Decatur, Alabama
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2-1/2 cups warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 7 to 7-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Melted butter
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, salt and 6 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface, knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Punch dough down; knead several times. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine basil, walnuts and cheese; reserve 2 tablespoons for topping.
- Shape dough into 32 balls. On a floured surface, roll each ball into a 4-in. circle; place 16 rolls each, seam side down, on two greased baking sheets with rolls touching. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Brush tops with butter; sprinkle with reserved basil mixture. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 111 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.