Basil Cream Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1-1/3 cups finely chopped green onions
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Hot cooked fettuccine
- In a skillet, saute the chicken, onions and mushrooms in oil until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add broth and cream. Stir in basil and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken mixture. Serve over fettuccine.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 362 calories, 28g fat (15g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Dec 5, 2013
I've been making this super impressive recipe for several years. The only thing I do differently than the printed recipe is add 3/4 tsp. salt.
May 15, 2013
Look fwd. to making soon! K.
Nov 13, 2012
I'm looking for outstanding recipes. And while this one was good, it seemed to be missing something (garlic?, salt?).My sauce was also super thick, although that most likely my fault.
Mar 25, 2010
wonderfully fragrant and creamy, hubby LOVED it!