- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1-1/3 cups finely chopped green onions
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Hot cooked fettuccine
- In a skillet, saute chicken, onions and mushrooms in oil until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add broth and cream. Stir in basil and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken mixture. Serve over fettuccine. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forBasil Cream Chicken
"I've been making this super impressive recipe for several years. The only thing I do differently than the printed recipe is add 3/4 tsp. salt."
"Look fwd. to making soon! K."
"I'm looking for outstanding recipes. And while this one was good, it seemed to be missing something (garlic?, salt?).My sauce was also super thick, although that most likely my fault."
"wonderfully fragrant and creamy, hubby LOVED it!"