Basil Crab Cakes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min./batch
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, drained
- 6 saltines, finely crushed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Seafood cocktail sauce, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Stir in crab and cracker crumbs. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Shape mixture into four patties. In a large skillet, cook crab cakes in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with cocktail sauce if desired.
Jun 15, 2013
Made this tonight for dinner and its definitely a keeper. I made two small changes. I used crab claw meat instead of lump (because it was on sale) and substituted 1/4 cup breadcrumbs for the saltines (only thing I had on hand). My husband and I loved it and will make again
Jan 6, 2013
The verdict is out on this one still. I will need to make it again. I had a hard time deciding what else would go good to complete this meal. The crab I had needed to be mashed a bit for this recipe as the other ingredients wasn't quite enough to hold my lumps of crab meat together in the pan. Taste as good for my teenage son, ok for me and my husband wasn't sold on it. I did go with a bit more of the mustard to cover the mayo taste from my husband who isn't a mayo fan.