Basil Chicken Medley
"Everyone who's tried this dish has raved about it," Susan Jansen of Smyrna, Georgia comments about her quick, colorful main course. "It's one I put together right in my own kitchen.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1/4 pounds), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into chunks
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooked rice or pasta
- Heat oil in a skillet; saute garlic. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink; remove and keep warm. Combine zucchini, tomato, basil, vinegar and pepper, toss to coat vegetables well.
- Add to skillet and stir-fry about 3 to 5 minutes. Return chicken to skillet and heat through. Serve immediately over rice or pasta.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 205 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Basil Chicken Medley in Taste of Home Premiere 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.