Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto sauce
- In a large bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, cheese and pesto. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Pat into a 10-in. circle; cut into eight wedges but do not separate.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
1 each: 350 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.