Basil Buttered Beans
Basil Buttered Beans is shared by Laura Porter of Sheridan, Oregon. She confirms this small-portioned fresh-tasting side dish goes great with any meat entree.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine the beans, onion, celery and water; bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until beans are tender. Drain. Add the butter, basil, salt and pepper; stir to coat.
Originally published as Basil Buttered Beans in Taste of Home June/July 1994