Basil-Butter Steaks with Roasted Potatoes
- 1 package (15 ounces) frozen Parmesan and roasted garlic red potato wedges
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/4 inches thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1. Bake potato wedges according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. In a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, brown steaks in 2 tablespoons butter. Add tomatoes to skillet. Bake, uncovered, at 425° until meat reaches desired doneness, 15-20 minutes (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- 3. In a small bowl, combine basil and remaining butter. Spoon over steaks and serve with potatoes.
1 serving: 538 calories, 29g fat (13g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 740mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 41g protein.
Jul 28, 2011
This was very good! It was so simple to make and the steaks were very tender and juicy. The only thing I would change is that I would add a bit more flavor. I did add some seasoning salt and chopped green onion, but I think it still needed a bit more. Still, the steaks were very tender and this is a great busy weeknight dinner!