- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 8 hamburger buns
- Monterey Jack cheese slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients; mix well. Shape into eight patties. Grill over medium-hot coals until burgers reach desired doneness. Serve on hamburger buns; top with cheese slices if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBasil Burgers
"I think the next time I'd avoid the garlic salt altogether, maybe substitute a lesser amount of garlic powder."
"My family which includes my husband, a 4 year old and 3 year old and me of course all absolutely love this recipe!!! Yummy!! TRY IT!!"
"My DH really liked these. I thought I would love them to since I really like basil, but they didn't do anything for me."
"IT WAS GOOD"