- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 thick slices French bread (diagonally cut), toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, each cut into four slices
- 8 cooked bacon strips
- In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients. Spread over four slices of bread; top with lettuce, tomatoes, bacon and remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBasil BLTs
"I used Oscar Mayer Fully cooked bacon, something I hadn't tried before. It was ok, but next time I'd opt for cooking it myself. I topped it with romaine lettuce, roma tomato, and that fantastic greek yogurt spread."