Basil Baked Chops for Two
In this recipe, basil enhances the naturally delicious flavors of pork and vegetables. I like to make this dish during the summer months when fresh zucchini is abundant.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 pork chops (7 ounces each), trimmed
- 2 sheets heavy-duty aluminum foil (18 inches x 12 inches)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Place each pork chop in the center of a piece of foil. Sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper. Top with zucchini, carrots and onion. Sprinkle with basil. Bring opposite long edges of foil together over the top of vegetables and fold down several times. Fold the short ends toward the food and crimp tightly to prevent leaks. Place foil pouches on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until pork juices run clear and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 230 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Originally published as Basil Baked Chops for Two in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.