- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended. Add remaining ingredients; toss gently to combine. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBasil & Heirloom Tomato Toss
"I made this in the summer to use up some of fresh tomatoes. Very good flavors. I thought it made more than 4 servings."