- TURKEY BROTH:
- 1 leftover turkey carcass (from a 12-14 pound turkey)
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 celery rib with leaves
- 1 small onion, halved
- 1 medium carrot
- 3 whole peppercorns
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- TURKEY VEGETABLE SOUP:
- 8 cups turkey broth
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced fresh green beans
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups diced cooked turkey
- Place all broth ingredients in a large stockpot; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 25 minutes. Strain broth; discard bones and vegetables. Cool; skim fat. Use immediately for turkey vegetable soup, or refrigerate and use within 24 hours.
- For soup, combine broth, bouillon, pepper and vegetables in a large stockpot. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, 15-20 minutes. Add turkey; heat through. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forBasic Turkey Soup
"I was surprised how tasty this was. I took the shortcut route and used a bag of frozen vegetable soup mix! Delicious!"