- 2 egg white
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 3 slices whole wheat bread, torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites. Add milk and bread; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the onion, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into a loaf in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan coasted with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes; drain. Spoon ketchup over loaf. Bake 10-20 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160° Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forBasic Meat Loaf
"Great recipe. Good nutritional value. Didn't change anything about the recipe but did use extra lean beef. Will definitely make again."
"good recipe. good flavor and easy ingredients."